Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a difference a week makes!

One week ago I was walking into my mother's hospital room the day after a 20 hour journey from Jeddah, not sure what to expect as she waited to have her brain aneurysm clipped the next day.  The next four days were some of the most harrowing and nerve-wracking I've ever experienced, but the outcome was phenomenal.  And today, my mother is sitting in her recliner at home, still recovering from brain surgery, but well on the way to a full recovery.  Amazing.  Absolutely amazing. 

Thank you to all of you from all of us.  Mom posted this on her own FB page today (!):  "To all my friends and family and friends of friends and family: Your outpouring of prayers, good wishes, and support humbles me. Those are the things I carried into surgery with me and those are the things that brought me out again. You will never know how much it means to me and to my family."

That pretty much sums it up :-).  

2 comments:

Just US said...

YEAH!!! So glad she is doing so well and you get to be with her!

Nomads By Nature said...

So happy for you and for her and that you have some time together after such a harrowing week.