Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Post, Another Pack Out

All righty.  It's pack out time!  UAB is packed and ready to go, storage is packed and taken away, and they just started on HHE.  But since it's Ramadan they're only working six hours a day (and that translates into only 4.5 packing hours a day, apparently).  So this will take two days for sure and possibly three, though I completely understand why.  I am trying to keep the A/C on full blast so they don't get hot and dehydrate themselves too much in the process.  They seem a good, conscientious, and efficient crew, so I'm satisfied.  The cats are unhappily locked in the bathroom.  I am taking surreptitious sips of water when nobody is looking, but the banana I had for breakfast isn't quite cutting it. 

I was remarkably calm in the hours leading up to pack out, making me wonder if I was doing it wrong.  But I was more prepared for this one than for my previous two, even if it didn't seem that way in the weeks and days leading up to the big event.  I am a bit afraid I have more than 7200 lbs, despite purging probably 1,000lbs of trash, clothes, and paper over the last few weeks.  It's probably closer to 4,000-5,000 lbs, which is still a lot.  Nothing I can do now but wait and see.

My hope is that I will get through writing Dubai, Muscat, and Taif travel posts in the next two days.  We'll see.

For now, back to supervising the process!

No comments: