Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ready... I think.

It's almost 9; the movers are slated to arrive in the next hour. I am actually sitting down and eating breakfast - because everything is ready for them! Unprecedented. I did almost have a breakdown yesterday when I got home from my admin tasks to find my apartment being ransacked (under the guise of maintenance) by the renovation team. For the second time this month. After I had written, called, and telepathy-ed (ied?) my anger, frustration, etc.. So, I freaked out a little bit. Which apparently helped, because within 20 minutes my apartment was (almost) back to the way I had left it. And I channeled my anger/frustration/disappointment/anxiety into preparing the kitchen for pack-out. After that, I got pretty much everything I needed to done. I even had time this morning to go get drinks and snacks for the team (which I just couldn't motivate myself to do at 11:30 last night when I was finally ready to do so). So, fingers crossed, I will be this sane at the end of the day. Hattie, however, is another story.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Good luck!! keep us updated!!

Sadie said...

Thanks Heather! Too bad we didn't overlap in NH this time. Next time, for sure! Enjoy that new kitty - a beauty!