Saturday, July 31, 2010

Turning Point

It finally happened! I made the transition to being incredibly stressed about all the things I have to get done to being really excited for a week of vacation with friends and family and then heading to post! My suitcases are mostly packed, all the errands that can be done are done, and it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride. Housing at post is solidified, even if I will be in a temp apartment until mine is ready. Just knowing that I have housing is enough for now. Tomorrow we're having a gathering at my house in NH, which I'm really looking forward to. Then it's a week of relaxing fun! I hope everyone else's weekend is off to a great start as well. (I also made a discovery last night - when I write casually, such as for blog posts or emails, I tend to way overuse parenthetical phrases, ellipses, and exclamation points, often rendering sentences almost undecipherable. This is so different than my formal writing style; it was an interesting realization!) (And yes, I know what I just did there... And here.)

No comments: